Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Blog #1

The book i am reading is Street Pharm written by Allison van Diepen. Tyrone Johnson, a high school student, until he got kicked out for skipping classes almost everyday to hit the streets. His father,Orlando Johnson, was the biggest drug dealer it all of Brooklyn until he got locked up and left everything to Ty. Sonny, who was Orlando's right hand man and most trusted employee was now like Ty's brother. What ever went down they let eachother know. At the beggining of the book, Sonny called Ty to make a delivery but Ty didnt like the sound of it so he sent a kid named Michael Brown instead. Ended up the people mike was delivering to were police and he got brought in but never gave out any names. Ty and Sonny gave him a better price. Once Ty's mother found out he got kicked out of school, she flipped out and made his apply to another school called Les Chancellor Institute of Career Opportunities. He met a girl named Alyse who he really takes an interest in and she seems to see the same in him. Once he met he liked to go to school becuse he can be 'who ever he wants to be'. His everyday life is unpredictable and almost anything could go good or bad. Monfrey is like his snitch and they meet up a few times a week to talk about what is going on in the hood, Ty pays him will for his work.

Question:
As a father, they always want the best for their children. If you were in Orlando's Postition, would you give a business like that to your son at the age of 16.

7 comments:

  1. I wouldn't give a business like that to my son because its to risky to put him in a bad position. As a "dad" it would be my job to give my son the best and successful life possible. By me passing down the business would not be helping him out at all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a father I would not even want my son to know that I was a drug dealer. I would try my best to keep my family out of it because you never know what could happen. I would not give my son a buisness like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I was in Orlando's Position, I would not give my son a business, like drug dealing, because I feel that it is putting his sons future at risk. He should have taught his son it was the wrong thing to do because he could end up in prison as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I was Ty's father I would not give a drug business to my son because that would introduce him to a life of violence and many other destructive things. Giving this business is basically telling his son that he approves with drug abuse and the illegal selling of them. Although there is a lot of money to be made in the business, its the wrong business to put your son in lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would never give my son a business of that nature. Doing that is just destroying his son's future. Giving him a business like that is telling him that Drugs is something that is okay, and its not okay. Even if there is money involved, everyone should know wrong from right, and clearly his father isn't close to knowing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No I would not give my son a business like that. You sell drugs to make money, so I would just give him all the money I had. There would not be any reason to be dealing drugs once he has money. Id know that I wouldn't want my son to have the life I lived.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No way! I'd never introduce my child to a dangerous world like that. The fact that he is trying to maintain a normal family life at the same time as running a drug 'business' is wrong in the first place. But now he expects his son to carry on in the family business is setting his son up for a life just like the dad's. Bad move.

    ReplyDelete